[Chicago] deployment shootout? was: deploying ...

JP Bader jp at zavteq.com
Mon Dec 2 23:04:21 CET 2013

While I'm +1 for the devOps meetup, I definitely would want to give Carl
his space and wait until next year. Maybe just use December for a
drinking-fest / hack a library together for the benefit of some charity
group /
relax-because-it-is-friggin-december-and-we-should-celebrate-geekiness-together!

Just my $0.02

JP

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't want to steal your baby, Carl; however, we still need to make a
> meeting happen fast. It sounds like this can be done as a
> pre-your-big-and-best-ever-concept, no?
>
> We have a venue option for January, but nothing for December yet.  I want
> to use this idea dev-ops and Python and make something with it. Think of it
> as a good oportunity to play with the next dev-oppy idears...
>
> Let's go ChiPy, unite!
>

> On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 11:04 PM, Carl Karsten <carl at personnelware.com>wrote:
>
>> I would rather not.  It isn't Python, and I think 2 weeks isn't enough
>> time for what I have in mind.
>>
>> On Sun, Dec 1, 2013 at 2:19 PM, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > I am suggesting we have a dev-ops focused ChiPy meeting on Dec 12th.
>>  If you
>> > are game, we then find a venue and fine-tune the topic.

>> --
>> Carl K

> Brian Ray
> @brianray