[Chicago] Talk on my reproducible science project?

Carl Karsten carl at personnelware.com
Fri Nov 22 21:40:15 CET 2013

Do you (or someone who wants to jump on this) have some time to help
debug the live stream setup?

The setup works - it was built for pycon 2012 on Amazon EC2 and local
boxes.  The amazon instances were left in place, and the local boxes
were setup again for pycon 2013.

The local box config is pretty manual.  I got this working a while ago
(like 4 months?)

https://github.com/timvideos/streaming-system/blob/master/tools/setup/runall.sh

Install Ubuntu LTS (I think you can get away with ubuntu - server), then...

# To bootstrap, run the following # lines:

# sudo apt-get install -y git-core
# git clone https://github.com/timvideos/streaming-system.git
# streaming-system/tools/setup/runall.sh

I got this working, then a few weeks later someone did something and
it broke.  I may have fixed it, this is where I need help.

Using some flavor of VM (or a real box if you want)
1) see what happens if you run runall.sh
2) if it is broken, fix it ;)

It is some tedious work, but it should be very doable, even the fix
part. The problems are like a file was moved so an absolute path needs
to be changed.

Carl K