[Chicago] Fwd: Message from contact form: Code for recognizing UTF-8 encoded inputt

Robert Dean robertbdean at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 22:39:59 CEST 2014

Hello,

This is a very embarrassing "baby" Python question.  But a Python coding
friend of mine in AZ won't be able for consulting until over a month from
now.

To summarize the garbled message below,  would appreciate knowing
how to modify the attached testword1.py code so that it can both recognize
input unicode characters  a n d  output them correctly in a UTF-8 encoded
file.  As it stands:  n o  Cyrillic characters are recognized, only some
Greek
characters are, and Latin-1 accented characters are mostly (but not  a l l)
recognized.

Bob Dean
 Chicago

robertBdean at gmail.com