[Chicago] Can I see a +1 on this?

Jason Wirth wirth.jason at gmail.com
Fri Jan 31 19:06:55 CET 2014

Both Brians make good points.

I agree an empty +1 email could be noisy.

One point about the email feedback, I think in the case of new presenters
the act of speaking can be intimidating because there are many possible
things to talk about and the speaker doesn't know what the group wants.
Thus there's a tendency to be very "open" and talk about anything. A shot
in the dark if you will. Email responses from the group can help narrow
the focus. But then again emails that do this are not empty "+1" emails.

On Friday, January 31, 2014, Japhy Bartlett <japhy at pearachute.com> wrote:

> Could we get a +1 on using +1 to vote for talks?
>

> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 10:30 AM, Brian Curtin <brian at python.org<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','brian at python.org');>
> > wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 10:04 AM, Brian Ray <brianhray at gmail.com<javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','brianhray at gmail.com');>
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I also want to be sensitive to noise on this list; however, I am not
>>> convinced +1 is noise.
>>>

>> Numerous emails which only contain "+1" is the definition of email noise.

Jason Wirth
    213.675.5294
    wirth.jason at gmail.com