[Chicago] Status of recruiters on this list

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Tue Mar 4 00:15:57 CET 2014

> > The resumes gathered would be in their global database, which violates
> our rule about jobs only from Chicago
> I can get behind this, sort of... and by sort of, I mean it should be up
> to the person who is looking for work to be aware, notified and in control,
> and I think it's ok for Chipy to stipulate that only-Chicago jobs are what
> we publicize.   After that, if someone who submits is asked "do you want me
> to look broader for you?"  frankly, that's none of Chipy's business
> (inappropriate coupling).    Enlighten me if I'm missing somthing.

If it is not a Chicago job, it does not belong on our list because it works
against our efforts to build a local community.

Loosing great talent is a huge problem in Chicago. Great schools, some good
international resources, diversity (one of the reasons Boeing moved here,
btw), many large fortune companies... still a problem with loosing talent.
Our competitive sides should kick in here, we should promote Python Jobs
(with good companies who really care, proven by donations and involvement)
and good folks to stay in Chicago.

- Brian