[Chicago] [ANN] ChiPy Tomorrow: Thurs March 13th, 2014 7pm at Deloitte

Brian Ray brianhray at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 17:42:18 CET 2014

RSVP -> http://www.chipy.org

You are invited to the Chicago Python User Group's March meeting. We have a
great line up and this will be our best meeting ever!

Our group has recently been focusing on improving our diversity and our
approach-ability. Embrace change, get involved, and make this the group you
will want to attend every month. You do not need any prior Python or
programming experience to attend this meeting. All are welcome to attend
this free event.

Deloitte's office is conveniently located in the loop and is very close to
the train stations and public transit. Discounted parking (site written in
Python) from SpotHero http://bit.ly/1gpQdbt
Food and drink kindly provided by our sponsors, Deloitte.  "Always One Step
Ahead" Here is an interesting article on Deloitte's Cognitive Analytic(tm)
group efforts http://bit.ly/1iACktM (side note: I am a lead on this team,
yes we use Python extensively, you can also welcome some of my colleagues
to this meeting)

*When:* March 13, 2014, 7 p.m.

*Where:* Deloitte 111 S Wacker 24th floor "Jackson Park"
https://goo.gl/maps/wubwI
This Month's Topics

   - *Use of Python for Machine Learning at Loyola *
   By: Dr. Mark V. Albert
   - *Starting Over From Scratch*
   (0:25:00 Minutes)
   By: Malcolm Newsome
   Often developers get too attached to the code that they write.  So much
   so that we dread losing it.  But, what happens when you intentionally
   delete code and rewrite it?  You might be surprised at the result.
   - *Simple Websockets in Flask*
   (0:20:00 Minutes)
   By: Daniel Hodges
   Using flask, websockets, and redis to make a simple multi-user drawing
   surface in D3.
   - *lightening talk: How to teach programming to novices*
   (0:10:00 Minutes)
   By: John Blischak
   - *lightening talk: R for Python Programmers*
   By: John Blischak
   - *Networking and hands on Python help*

--
Brian Ray