[Chicago] Braintree Environment, Configuration, and Thread Safety

Mark Graves mgraves87 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 17 09:47:32 EDT 2016

Hey everyone,

Does anyone know if it is safe to put Braintree python client code into a
module from a thread safety perspective for a web app?  Or any other
caveats?

I'm not switching environments or anything mid request, just trying to
clean up some code.

I'm trying to refactor a web app which has some boilerplate code in the
models and controllers, and I wanted to move this into a module.

I wasn't sure if it does some internal session handling etc, which might
conflict if imported, but would not if run per request.

I've looked through the source on
https://github.com/braintree/braintree_python

which looks like most of the calls I make are static methods, but I was
looking for any gotchas.

Thanks!

-Mark