[Chicago] ChiPy Call for May 12th Speakers

Matthew Erickson matt at soulrobotic.com
Mon May 9 21:54:06 EDT 2016

Hello!

I’d like to give a talk on managing technical debt in a Python-driven startup environment. I’ve met more than a few people at ChiPy who sound like they’re newish to Python and either interested or already in a startup environment (either within a larger corporation or an actual startup). Python makes a *great* tool for that, however there’s ways to use it to carry your work along to great success, and there’s ways to wind up with such spaghetti you’re tempted to throw your hands up in the air and go back to Java. The focus on the talk is how to use Python and the tools it provides to avoid the unmaintainable mess while still being able to “cut corners” to get something out the door to make your boss/investors/customers happy.

--Matt