[Chicago] Regarding Text Editors

HADDLETON, Robert W (Bob) bob.haddleton at nokia.com
Mon Oct 31 16:32:03 EDT 2016

PyCharm.  If your professors abhor IDEs they aren't preparing their
students for
real world jobs.  Familiarity with git and an IDE are pretty much expected.

I use vi/vim/emacs as much as anyone (maybe more) but an integrated IDE
used properly
is essential for medium and large projects with multiple/many developers
or which uses a
large number of external modules.

Bob