[Chicago] Voting Procedures for New ChiPy Chair

Patrick Boland patrickboland4 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 22:46:02 EDT 2017

Thanks to those who have submitted their Nominees for the ChiPy Chair
Election. Please keep them coming in until October 20th!

You’ve all asked how this is election is going to go; so we’re here to tell
you!

## Nomination Process

We will first verify that those nominated are real people, then we’ll
notify the Chicago Mailing list of everyone who was nominated (regardless
of whether they want to turn it down). This should give you a chance to
make sure your submission makes it into our list for consideration.

## Vetting

At the end of nominations, Nominees will be filtered based upon their
interest and if they meet the basic requirements of becoming an organizer
(from our awesome website http://www.chipy.org/pages/organizers/):

   -

   Any two of the following:
   -

      You're an active Python developer with at least one public available
      example of work
      -

      You have attended at least 6 ChiPy meetings in the last 12 months.
      -

      You were responsible for securing a sponsor for location,
      refreshments, A/V services or any other significant grant in the last 12
      months
      -

      You were responsible for matching an existing ChiPy member with a job
      or contract for which ChiPy has received a referral fee in the last 12
      months
      -

      You have made 6 or more significant improvements to any chicago
      python managed codebase in the last 12 months.
      -

   And:
   -

      You live in the greater Chicago-land area and plan on staying here
      for the next 12 months
      -

      You plan on attending the meeting every week, missing no more than 1
      a month.

## Election Profiles

We will work with all of the interested Nominees to build profiles based on
a standard set of questions/profile layout on the ChiPy website by November
1st. This will let everyone get to know the candidates from which they’ll
be choosing.

## Voting

We have collected the set of email addresses from our Mailing List and
accounts from the Meetup Page, all of these identities (once deduplicated)
will be incorporated into our voting system and you will be notified (by
email) on how to submit your vote for the ChiPy Board Chair at the end of
November. The timeline and methodology for this process will be sent out in
early November after the candidate list is set.

If you have any questions about this process, please don’t hesitate to
email me or the chicago-organizers (chicago-organizers at python.org)!

Respectfully,

Patrick Boland
On Behalf of the ChiPy Board