[Chicago] Can I deep link to a Jupyter Notebook cell?

Skip Montanaro skip.montanaro at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 16:07:16 EDT 2018

If I have a Jupyter notebook running on a server, can another web page
reference a cell within that notebook? Could I name a URL like so

https://my.jupyter.nb.server/notebooks/chevy.ipynb#cell42

to bring up the notebook with cell 42 visible in the usual page anchor
fashion? I am in control of the notebook contents, so it's not out of the
question that I simply insert a Markdown cell ahead of cell 42 which
defines the anchor. (Though if that's not necessary, that would be fine.)

Thanks,

Skip Montanaro