[Chicago] Help! PyOhio needs your corporate and individual sponsorship!

Lorena Mesa me at lorenamesa.com
Wed Jun 5 18:15:53 EDT 2019

Greetings ChiPy,

I'm forwarding below a message from Eric Floehr from PyOhio. The TLDR here
is that PyOhio needs our help to help fill a shortfall of $10,000 USD in
sponsorship.

A brief personal appeal: I had my first technical talk accepted to PyOhio
2015. At that point I had never spoken at nor applied to a conference.
This past May 2019 I had my first PyCon talk! I would never have started
down this path without the loving, supportive environment at PyOhio. My
2015 experience helped me build my confidence in stepping forward to become
a speaker, to continue to do more in the Python open source community, and
yes even put my name forward for the Python Software Foundation Board of
Directors.

PyOhio is a free regional conference that boasts a high amount of new
speakers that, like me, has sparked many to start a meaningful career as a
public speaker and Python open source community contributor.

Any size donation will help PyOhio! You can sponsor directly at
https://ti.to/pyohio/pyohio-2019 as an individual or you can inquire about
having your company sponsor (see info below).

Thank you everyone for all that you do to make our Python community richer
and better.

---

Note from Eric Floehr of PyOhio:

We need your help. So many people have benefited from PyOhio over our 11
years of existence, and I know many more will benefit from this year's
conference.

If you have attended, or watched a PyOhio talk video on YouTube, or been a
speaker, you know the impact PyOhio makes.

Unfortunately, corporate sponsorship is down almost $10,000 from last year.

More info on sponsorship packages here:
https://www.pyohio.org/2019/sponsors/prospectus

PyOhio is an all-volunteer effort... all funds go to things like renting
the facility, coffee and snack service, and paying to video all speakers so
that we can have a much bigger impact and folks can review and rewatch
later, or catch talks they miss. But did you know we also pay for speaker
coaching, too, and Young Coders, which teaches programming to kids,
including at least half of which are selected from disadvantaged youth
programs around Columbus?

If you work for a company that would like to get in front of over 500
attendees and countless YouTube watchers, hire or employ developers who
better themselves by attending and learning at PyOhio, have a product that
developers would want to buy, or just want to support the Python community
then please consider sponsoring or asking your company to sponsor PyOhio.

Please apply here: https://cfp.pyohio.org/2019/sponsors/apply/
or email info at pyohio.org

If we cannot close this $10,000 gap, we may have to:

1. Not offer coffee, water, snacks
2. Not record talks or put them on YouTube
3. Not offer Young Coders
4. Not offer speaker coaching

Thank you and thank you for your support over the years and your help in
making PyOhio the greatest free Python conference around and supporting our
mission to bring the power of programming to all, even those who cannot
afford to give anything but their time.

Please forward to anyone who can help.

Best Regards,
Eric