[Conferences-discuss] Update: YAPyC 2003 (Washington, DC)

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 20:17:05 -0400

On Tue, Jul 16, 2002, Adam Turoff wrote:

> Here are some preliminary numbers on what a YAPyC might look like
> in Washington DC next winter.  First some assumptions:
> 	- ~300 attendees
> 	- 3 days
> 	- 3 tracks
> 	- breakfast, lunch and coffee breaks included
>
>   [...]
>
> Keeping the price per person below $100 would be nice, but $125/person
> might be more reasonable.  Prices could come down if we can book this
> as an GW-internal event.

I'd suggest budgeting to break even if you get only 200 people.  I also
suggest a large increase in reg fees close to the conference.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

Project Vote Smart: http://www.vote-smart.org/