[Conferences-discuss] Update: YAPyC 2003 (Washington, DC)

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:43:04 -0400

    LC> For cheap accomodation in the spring/fall check out Summer
    LC> Camps.  They are usually happy to rent their whole site to
    LC> conferences, for very little money.  You then have to plan how
    LC> to get people to the site.  Remember that some people don't
    LC> drive cars.

Most summer camps have /really/ low-end accomodations.  Are you okay
with sharing a bunk bed in an 8-bed wooden box with community showers?
:)

On the other hand, you could bring a tent and a sleeping bag and do
the nature thing, and there's usually great canoeing somewhere close
by, so it could be fun.  Then again there other really cool things we
could affiliate with:

    http://www.victorwooten.com/basscamp/2001/description.htm

:)
-Barry