[Conferences-discuss] Update: YAPyC 2003 (Washington, DC)

Adam Turoff ziggy@panix.com
Wed, 17 Jul 2002 10:08:44 -0400

On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 03:18:07PM +0200, Laura Creighton wrote:
> 1. Are you discussing a plan for the very next winter to happen, i.e
>    January 2003 or for the one after that, December 2003?

Sorry if I wasn't clear.  January 2003, about 6 months away from now.

> 2. re:
> > The couple of Europeans I met last year seemed to accept the airfare,
> > hotel and rather expensive conference fees at IPC.
>
> ... then you didn't meet the ones who thought the prices were outrageous
> and came anyway, as well as the people who stayed home.

There's always EuroPython.

Taking a few hundred dollars off of the conference fees will no
doubt help people who thought IPC10 was outrageously expensive.
Locating the event near the subway will make it more reasonable to
book cheaper hotels that are further away.  Airfare is generally
less expensive in low season (fall and winter).

Given that some people on this list didn't think that $250 wasn't
entirely out of line for a small, community-organized Python event,
I gather that dormitories are less important for this group, as long
as there are some budget options for hotels.

Z.