[Conferences-discuss] What happened?

Kevin Altis altis@semi-retired.com
Mon, 4 Mar 2002 08:30:43 -0800

> But we don't have any conclusions.  What shall we do?  If it were me,
> I'd try the following (which I've proposed before):
>
> 1. Have a full Python Conference co-located with OSCON 2003; this
>    would probably be end of July in San Diego again.
>
> 2. Have a dirt cheap conference organized by YAS together with Python
>    volunteers.  Kevin Lenzo of YAS once told me they can do it in June
>    at CMU (Pittsburgh).

+1 I thought from the posts that we had consensus on the two conference
approach. I'm a bit concerned about both conferences being around the same
time of year, but since it is the summer maybe it doesn't matter? I want to
see how the "cheap" conference goes because after looking at the Python User
Groups list I realized we have groups in Portland, Oregon, Seattle, and
Vancouver, B.C. (plus ActiveState in Vancouver), so a NorthWest
conference/get together on the cheap is probably doable.

ka