[Conferences-discuss] FW: [Oscon] Compensation

Kevin Altis altis@semi-retired.com
Wed, 5 Feb 2003 14:12:24 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: oscon-admin@labs.oreilly.com
[mailto:oscon-admin@labs.oreilly.com]On Behalf Of Nathan Torkington
Sent: Monday, February 03, 2003 9:15 PM
To: oscon@labs.oreilly.com
Cc: gina@oreilly.com; vee@oreilly.com
Subject: [Oscon] Compensation

Hi, folks.  Unless otherwise negotiated, here are the compensation
arrangements for OSCON:

  Lightning talks: nothing.
  45m session speakers: free registration.
  3 hour tutorial presenters: $500 honorarium, $300 same cost/$500
    other coast/$800 international air fare, one night hotel, free
    registration, and $50 per diem for the tutorial day.
  Committee: free registration.

The registrations don't accumulate--if a speaker gives two talks,
they can't pass their "second registration" onto a friend.

We do have a budget for people who need assistance above and beyond
that given here.  The problem is that this budget is very tight--the
one fund covers speakers, tutors, keynoters, attendees, and us.  If
someone needs more than the standard amount, please note the request
on the proposal (if they're a speaker) or pass it on to me (if it's
for you).  In general we'll make the decision on who gets what when
we make the final selection of papers.  (more of which in the next
mail)

Let me know if you have any questions,

Nat