[Conferences] Conference website software?

sheila miguez shekay at pobox.com
Thu Aug 6 18:33:24 CEST 2015

On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 8:02 PM, Danny Adair <president at nzpug.org> wrote:

> Symposion is not bad, but you can easily end up with a fork, even for
> basic use. Also, although it is meant to handle multiple years, for
> all practical purposes, best to migrate data to a new instance each
> year.

I've been recommending people use new instances each year, but I haven't
actually tried just using one.

btw, I've been meaning to submit PRs for improved docs but it is one of
those tasks I fall behind on.

Currently I have some very spare docs in the pydata conference repo. (I've
also got a fab file for deploying it.)

http://pydata-conference-management.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html
https://github.com/pydata/conf_site/blob/master/fabfile.py

I notice Carl has some notes in the pyohio repo on the talk review process
https://github.com/pyohio/Conference-Documentation/tree/master/workflows-for-talk-submissions

And I have a record in reverse chronological order from when I was learning
symposion to help with SciPy 2014. (For 2015 they used a vendor for doing
the conference.)
https://github.com/scipy-conference/SciPy-2014/wiki/scratchpad

shekay at pobox.com