[C++-sig] Problems Getting Started in Boost.Python

Achim Domma achim.domma at syynx.de
Fri May 31 16:16:51 CEST 2002

Hi,

I don't know gcc for windows, but will try to help with VC++:

> In the MSVC++ case, I copied everything I thought might actually be read
> by Python (there was no dll produced, maybe the pyd file is what is used?)
> into my Python/DLLs directory. Upon running Python (Windows) this happens:
>
> Python 2.2.1 (#34, Apr  9 2002, 19:34:33) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)] on win32
> IDLE 0.8 -- press F1 for help
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "<pyshell#0>", line 1, in ?
>     import getting_started1
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified module could not be found.
> >>>

> Well, that build did not produce a dll so it either failed or Python is
> needing something else in this case.
>
> Can someone please explain what form of stupidity I am plagued with now?
> Should all of this be working?

the .pyd is the right file. There are two versions of boost.python, which
one are you using? If you are using boost.python V2 you also need bpl.dll.
You should copy this file also to your Dll folder. But to be sure, I would
copy the dlls to the folder where your script is.

Achim