[C++-sig] Pyste suggestion: MSVC precompiled headers support

Nicodemus nicodemus at globalite.com.br
Mon Oct 6 23:32:18 CEST 2003

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:

>--- Nicodemus <nicodemus at globalite.com.br> wrote:
>

>>>#ifdef _MSC_VER
>>>#pragma hdrstop
>>>#endif
>>>

>>It is in CVS now (it only writes the pragma and the surrounding #ifdef
>>on windows systems).
>>

>Not that I am using Pyste at the moment, but if I did I'd want to reuse the
>Pyste output on platforms that don't have gcc-xml. I.e. under Windows I am
>exclusively working with Visual C++ and I don't even have plain gcc available.
>Therefore it would be nice if the Pyste output could be exactly the same on all
>platforms. -- Too much wishful thinking?

Actually, the precompiled header directive is guarded by an ifdef that
tests for a define that only the msvc compiler uses:

#ifdef _MSC_VER
#pragma hdrstop
#endif

So it is harmless on other platforms. But I see that you want to generate the code on unix and compile it on windows, right? Well, we could implement a --msvc option, I just didn't thought about that. 8)

Opinions?