[C++-sig] Improvements on Mac OS X

Harri Hakula hhakula at math.hut.fi
Thu Sep 18 13:28:31 CEST 2003

Good news: With the very latest gcc from Apple everything compiles
without errors.

Bad news: The problems in running the examples persist.

For one fleeting moment I had everything in the example-directory up
and running...
Then I changed something :-( and broke my setup!

However, I am confident that somewhat more knowledgeable can figure out
the right flags
for linking actions. (Yes, I was playing -undefined suppress
-flat_namespace games when my house of cards fell apart.)

Cheers,

	Harri

Setup:
[naghdi:local/src/boost] hhakula% uname -a
Darwin naghdi.hut.fi 6.6 Darwin Kernel Version 6.6: Thu May  1 21:48:54
PDT 2003; root:xnu/xnu-344.34.obj~1/RELEASE_PPC  Power Macintosh powerpc

[naghdi:local/src/boost] hhakula% gcc --version
gcc (GCC) 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1493)
This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is
NO
PURPOSE.

[naghdi:local/src/boost] hhakula% python2.3
Python 2.3 (#1, Sep 18 2003, 11:31:43)
[GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1493)] on darwin