[C++-sig] Re: injected constructors

David Abrahams dave at boost-consulting.com
Wed Sep 24 18:17:13 CEST 2003

"Mike Thompson" <mike.thompson at day8.com.au> writes:

> "David Abrahams" wrote:

>> > I'm as keen as mustard to use and test this feature but can't seem to get
> my
>> > hands on it!!
>> >
>> > I've been downloading the cvs HEAD from boost-consulting for the last
> couple of
>> > days
>>
>> Try the sourceforge CVS (They seem to have improved things for Boost), .....
>

> Okay, I've successfully downloaded from sourceforge.  I'm a bit thrilled to see
> "injected constructors", I need them.  And from a glance at the test code, they
> look a breeze to use.  Thanks!
>
> Back to the download issue ... I'm puzzled about why the version at
> boost-consulting was so out of date (three days?), when I thought it could only
> ever be 24hrs out, which is exactly why I used it over public sourceforge
> access which can be miles behind sometimes, for some projects.

The boost-consulting CVS was never ahead of the SF public CVS; just
more accessible (fewer communication errors).  We create it by
downloading the *public repository* snapshot, which is only done every
24 hrs.  If the download fails or it happens before they post the
snapshot, it will be behind.  If the SF public CVS is behind, it will
be behind.

The snapshots at http://www.boost-consulting.com/boost.tar.bz2 are
usually only an hour or 2 behind.  I get a few failure notices about
the cvs export command which creates them daily.

> Anyway, now I have what I want, I only mention this because it might
> flag a problem in the link between boost-consulting and sourceforge
> or the like.

It doesn't indicate anything surprising.