[C++-sig] Re: gcc 3.4 pre-compiled header support?

Mike Rovner mike at nospam.com
Mon Jan 12 21:37:10 CET 2004

Ralf W. Grosse-Kunstleve wrote:
> have now clue where to start. Could someone please share her/his
> expertise?

FWIW, I successfully use PCH support in VC7.1
I put <boost/python.h> as first included header in every compilation item
and declared it as PCH file. (Inclusion of file which includes
<boost/python.h>
didn't work for me.)

The only glitches I encoutered was static variables in noname namespace.
(This topic discussed here some time ago.) Otherwise I'm _very_ pleased with
PCH,
as compilation speed increased roughly tenfold.

Unfortunately, I can't test gcc PCH at the time. So please share you
experience.

Good luck with PCH,
Mike