[C++-sig] boost.Python/Jam with shared libraries

Aaron Bentley abentley at panoramicfeedback.com
Tue Nov 9 21:08:42 CET 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to add a python interface to some of the functionality in an existing
app.  I've managed to get a test version to compile, but the result doesn't work
because shared libraries (both commonly-available and app-specific) in are
required for our app.

I've tried modifying the Jamfile as suggested in the wiki, adding library-dir
and library-file directives, but I get

/home/abentley/install/boost_1_31_0/tools/build/v1/boost-base.jam:1972: in
expand-target-subvariants
rule /home/abentley/programming/.libs/libpanutil.so unknown in module

We're usin Autoconf in the rest of the project, and I must admit my approach to
Makefile.am is mostly a cargo-cult mentality-- I wouldn't know the correct way
to link shared objects by hand.

Can anyone help?

Aaron