[C++-sig] [ANN]Py++ 0.9.0
roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Tue May 8 06:19:47 CEST 2007
I'm pleased to announce the 0.9.0 release of Py++.
What is Py++?
Py++ is an object-oriented framework for creating a code generator for
Where is Py++?
* Added exposing of copy constructor, ``operator=`` and ``operator<<``.
* ``operator=`` is exposed under "assign" name
* ``operator<<`` is exposed under "__str__" name
* Added new call policies:
* Added an initial support for multi-module development. Now you can mark your
declarations as ``already_exposed`` and `Py++`_ will do the rest.
* `input_c_buffer`_ - new functions transformation, which allows to
pass a Python
sequence to C++ function, instead of pair of arguments: pointer to
buffer and size.
* Added ability to control generated "include" directives. Now you can ask Py++
to include a header file, when it generates code for some declaration.
* Code generation improvements: system header files (Boost.Python or
will be included from the generated files only in case the generated code
depends on them.
* Performance: Py++ runs 1.5 - 2 times faster.
* Py++ will generate documentation for automatically constructed properties.
* Added iteration functionality to Boost.Python Indexing Suite V2 ``std::map``
and ``std::multimap`` containers.
C++ Python language binding
More information about the Cplusplus-sig