[C++-sig] [c++-sig] python std::string assignment

Furkan Kuru furkankuru at gmail.com
Fri Oct 17 17:13:41 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 5:53 PM, Stefan Seefeld <seefeld at sympatico.ca>wrote:

> Furkan Kuru wrote:
>
>> Apart from assinging a string
>> passing a "longer" string to a function does not work either.
>>

> "does not work" isn't an acceptable failure description. Please be
> specific.

As in the case of given example:
something like segmentation fault occurs.

>  I think the second parameter "local://activation.html" can not be
>> converted to std::string.
>>
> What makes you think that ? I reiterate: post a minimal complete test case,
>  stating what behavior you expect, and what you actually get.

When I use shorter string it works.
Ok I will create a very simple test case and post.

> (Also, I'd suggest you pass std::string argumnts by const-reference,
> instead of by-value. You are forcing temporaries for no reason.)

ok I have changed it:

void createNavi(const std::string& naviname,const std::string&
url,RelativePosition pos,int sizeX,int sizeY)

> Thanks

I thank you.

--
Furkan Kuru