[C++-sig] py++ and indexing_v2

Roman Yakovenko roman.yakovenko at gmail.com
Tue May 19 20:24:27 CEST 2009

On Tue, May 19, 2009 at 3:40 PM,  <james at goldwater.org.uk> wrote:
> When I use py++ (1.0.0) with indexing_suite_version = 2 to wrap std::set<string> etc, it generates code which doesn't compile out of the box.  The code from the boost sandbox puts various definitions in the boost::python::indexing_v2 namespace, and the header files in boost/python/suite/indexing_v2.
>
> However, py++ generates code that assumes that the sandbox code is in the boost trunk namespace (bp::indexing) and filestructure (boost/python/suite/indexing).  It's easy to either fix-up the generated code, or edit the sandbox code and merge it into trunk, but I'd rather keep to published code rather than commit the project to our own version of boost or add another step to the code generation.
>
> Is there a way of telling py++ to use the different namespace and directory?

Not exactly. I suggest you to use current SVN version. It is pretty
stable. I hope to release it pretty soon.
The main reason is describe here:
http://language-binding.net/pyplusplus/documentation/containers.html#indexing-suite-version-2-installation

The short version: Indexing Suite V2 was reworked and now you don't
need to patch Boost libraries and Py++ does all the work.

> Or am I misunderstanding some things?

No, the Py++ you use, assumes that you installed indexing suite V2 to
the location you specified.

--
Roman Yakovenko
C++ Python language binding