[Cython] Py_LIMITED_API

Robert Bradshaw robertwb at math.washington.edu
Wed Feb 23 20:17:39 CET 2011

I think it's worth looking into, but I'm skeptical of the benefits at
this point, especially compared to all the other stuff that needs
doing. Specifically, I think we'll add complexity to generate more
verbose and less efficient code to stick to this. I also think it
might be worth keeping in mind but not yet investing a huge amount of
effort into, as it may not yet have hit the sweet spot of stability
vs. utility, and it may be a lot of effort to work around functions
that they decide really should have been part of the core.

That being said, I would be curious how much of the non-limited API we
use from Cython. If it looks to be an easy or non-invasive change, I'd
love to support it.

- Robert