[Cython] OpenMP support

Sturla Molden sturla at molden.no
Tue Mar 8 17:50:00 CET 2011

Den 08.03.2011 17:04, skrev Stefan Behnel:
> Could you elaborate what you are referring to here?

Nothing, except my own ignorance :-)

As for OpenMP I'd like to add that closures in Cython/Python more
cleanly map to Apple's "grand central dispatch" than OpenMP.

Yet a third way to easy parallel computing is OpenCL. OpenCL can run on
GPU or CPU, depending on driver. Python (or Cython) is a fantastic
language for OpenCL, particularly using NumPy and PyOpenCL.

Support for anonymous blocks would clean up the syntax if we try to
support OpenMP (either way), but Python BDFL hates then (many have
asked). It could be a decorator with a <suite> or a decorator over a
for-loop.

Sturla