[Cython] NumPy test failures in Py2.4

mark florisson markflorisson88 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 16:27:19 CEST 2012

On 26 March 2012 14:12, Stefan Behnel <stefan_ml at behnel.de> wrote:
> mark florisson, 26.03.2012 14:13:
>> Basically the problem is that with aligned structs inside padded
>> structs the format parser needs to start aligning in isolation from
>> the actual offset. E.g. it still needs to isolate an int on a 4-byte
>> boundary, but in relation to the start of the aligned struct, which
>> may in itself not be aligned. This is not a regression so I'm leaving
>> it as is, as the fix is complicated and I'm rather preoccupied.
>> Basically I think the buffer format parser should be rewritten to use
>> a single stack (and so does Dag), which would make things a lot less
>> complicated, but that's not a trivial task.
>
> Ok, so how do we deal with this for the time being? Disable the test in
> CPython versions where it fails? (that would be 2.4 and 2.5, I guess?)

Yes I disabled the tests. I also added some code to clear exceptions
in case the releasebuffer of getbuffer capsules weren't found. Hudson
is now blue, so I'd like to test Dag's pull request for the numpy API
changes and merge that and then do another beta release. Improved
fused type dispatching can then wait until 0.16.1.