[DB-SIG] Re: [META-SIG] whence db-sig?

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw@CNRI.Reston.Va.US (Barry A. Warsaw)
Fri, 25 Jul 1997 11:26:46 -0400

    MM> I'd like to keep it alive, so I'll take over as the sig
    MM> champion.

I have made this change, both to the db-sig-owner@python.org alias and
on the <http://www.python.org/sigs/> Web page.  (Mike you should get
this message at least 3 times! :-).

I still feel that SIGs which have accomplished their mission ought to
be shut down and different forums be found for some of the non-mission
related activities of the lists (e.g. moving them to newsgroups, other
links to old archives, etc.).  For now...

    Guido> I think that the db-sig's manifesto ought to be rewritten
    Guido> though to reflect the changed purpose.

...this is probably fine.  Mike, feel free to write up a new mission
statement!

-Barry

send messages to: db-sig@python.org