[DB-SIG] Informixdb question ?

Robert Saunders robert@ispalliance.net
Mon, 14 Sep 1998 17:34:03 -0400

I am new to Python and am looking to implement an interface to some of our
existing end user support code that accesses an Informix SE database.
	My problem is directly related to the informixdb code.  I compiled the
informixdb code and copied _informixdb.so to /usr/local/lib/python1.5 as
well as the *.py and *.pyc.
	When I type, import informixdb, I get the following error:

Python 1.5.1 (#1, Aug 27 1998, 23:18:57)  [GCC 2.8.1] on sunos5
>>> import informixdb
Traceback (innermost last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: dynamic module does not define init function (initinformixdb)

	I checked the ifxdbmodule.ec and found init_informixdb remarked out of the
code with initinformixdb in its place.  In a vain attempt to fix code I
don't understand I remarked out init_informixdb and marked in initinformixdb.
	Neither attempt worked.
	Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Bob Saunders