[DB-SIG] questions...

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:35:14 +0200

David Cuny wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to realize an Intranet application with a database. My OS is
> NT, my server is APache and my database is DB2.
> To use Python through CGI and access data in the database, need I
> something special? mxODBC??? and ODBC???

Use the win32 odbc module, Sam Rushing's calldll ODBC wrapper or
mxODBC. They all have their pros and cons, but I won't comment
since I'm biased ;-)

> I hesitated between python perl and php. Wgat are the advantages to
> use Python in my case?

There's a pretty well written language comparison on www.python.org
somewhere. I'm doing lot's of CGI stuff: my current project has reached
somewhere around 30k lines of Python code... and it's still easy to
manage.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg                               Y2000: 261 days left
          : Python Pages >>> http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/  :