[DB-SIG] DCOracle with win32

Ryan Weisenberger ryanw@inktomi.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 14:16:56 -0800

I recently compiled DCOracle on NT using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 and the
Oracle8i personal edition.

You need to compile two files into DLLs:
Buffer.c
and
oci_.c

Create a new project to create a Win32 Dynamic Link Library.

Add Buffer.c as a source file.  You may need to play with the paths to make
sure the compiler finds Buffer.h.

Under Settings/C++/Preprocessor/Additional Include Directories add the
Python "include" directory and the "[ORACLE_HOME]\oci\include" directory.

Under Settings/Link/Object/Library Modules, you need to add the Python
library "python[ver#].lib" and "oci.lib" found in
[ORACLE_HOME]\oci\lib\msvc\oci.lib

Finally, you need to make a small change to the source code.  In Buffer.c,
look for:
void initBuffer()
and change it to:
void __declspec(dllexport) initBuffer()

It should now compile, and you'll get a file called Buffer.dll.

Repeat these steps exactly for oci_.c to get oci_.dll.

Now take both of these DLLs and put them in the DCOracle directory that
comes in the DCOracle tarball.  Move that directory into the Lib directory
for Python, and then you should be able to use the module with the command:
import DCOracle

I hope this helps!

- Ryan