[DB-SIG] Installing MySQL-python on python 2.2

Andy Dustman andy@dustman.net
04 Jun 2002 09:43:02 -0400

On Sun, 2002-06-02 at 21:34, Clement wrote:

> I am running RH7.2 (will upgrade to 7.3 soon) on P-III CPU.  I got the
> binary RPM from Sourceforge web site exactly as you have suggested.
> However, that binary rpm, MySQL-python-0.9.1.tar.gz, installs in
> /usr/lib/python2.1 instead of /usr/lib/python2.2.  I cannot use it from
> Python 2.2.1.

Ahem. MySQL-python-0.9.1.tar.gz is not a binary RPM...

Also note that Red Hat 7.3 includes MySQL-python-0.9.1, although it is
for Python-1.5.2.

I'm going to try to put out a 0.9.2 release candidate today. One
interesting addition is the RPM package naming follows the python.org
RPM naming convention, and depends on what python you used to build:

Python      Python     MySQL-python
Version  Package Name  Package Name
 1.5.2      python     MySQL-python
 2.1.3     python2.1   MySQL-python2.1
 2.2.1      python2    MySQL-python2

With this scheme, you can install all three versions at once without any
conflicts, if you so desire. The module name (MySQLdb) will not vary, of
course.

--
Andy Dustman         PGP: 0x930B8AB6
    @       .net     http://dustman.net/andy