[DB-SIG] Porting a Postgres Python library to Ingres?

Hamish Lawson hbl@st-andrews.ac.uk
Thu, 28 Mar 2002 12:36:44 +0000

I need a Python module for Ingres. The only one I have found is at

    http://www.informatik.uni-rostock.de/~hme/software/

However it claims a thread safety of only 0, and I think it may need
some development in other areas. Therefore I was wondering how feasible
it would be to port one of the Postgres Python libraries (pgdb, psycopg
or PyPgSQL) to Ingres; I'm hoping that the historical relationship
between Ingres and Postgres means that there will be some similarity in
the C API (does anyone know if this is so?).

Hamish Lawson