[DB-SIG] Compiling DCOracle2 on HPUX

plusk@radford.edu plusk@radford.edu
Mon, 7 Oct 2002 17:00:39 -0400

I've been advocating the use of python here (Radford University).
I've demonstrated some programs that my bosses found interesting, using
DCOracle2 and mx.DateTime on Win2K. My bosses worry about the costs of deploy
program on all our users' machine and would prefer that I get things to work
on our HPUX box. I have a sympathetic admin helping me, and he was able to
install mx.DateTime.
the DCOracle2 package did not install because it could not find a
lib it needed.

sys.platform is hp-ux11

oracle is 64 bit 9.2.0.1.0

# make
         (cd src; \
         ./testora python)
-n Checking ORACLE_HOME...
passed.
-n Checking for Oracle version...
failed.
/u01/app/oracle/product/9.2.0.1/lib/libclntsh.so not readable; unable to
determine your oracle version.
*** Error exit code 2

Stop.

Any help would be appreciated.