[DB-SIG] How to *you* access your database objects?

Eivind Tagseth eivindt@multinet.no
Thu, 17 Oct 2002 13:06:18 +0200

* Kevin Jacobs <jacobs@penguin.theopalgroup.com> [021016 16:32]:
> Eivind, Gerhard, and anyone else who is interested..  I've just released a
> totally re-written db_row implementation that I mentioned in my previous
> DB-SIG mail.  It implements much cleaner dictionary, tuple, and object-like
> semantics and includes an optional C extension module for speed.  I've not
> written much documentation for it, though the source if fairly clean and has
> a fair amount of inline documentation.

> Please let me know what you think.

Seems to be working just fine, and now I can pretend that my MetaRows are
dictionaries as well.  The only feature that disappeared as far as I can
see is that you can now do:

obj = db_row.MetaRow(('a','b','c'))((1,2,3))

obj['doesnotexist'] = 5
obj.fields.doesnotexist = 6

Without errors.

I was able to fix the first one myself, but the fields-version is a bit
over my head I'm afraid.

BTW:  This applies to the python version, not tried installing the C version
yet.

Eivind