[DB-SIG] How to *you* access your database objects?

Kevin Jacobs jacobs@penguin.theopalgroup.com
Wed, 16 Oct 2002 12:31:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 16 Oct 2002, Eivind Tagseth wrote:
> > If you are interested, I'll spend some time and package our current version
> > and make it available on opensource.theopalgroup.com.  It can be used in two
> > modes: 1) as portable pure-python or 2) augmented with an optional C
> > extension module (tested with Python 2.2.1 and 2.2.2 and recent 2.3 CVS
> > versions).
>
> I'm definately interested, but it's not time critical, so please do it when
> you have time, not before.  ;)

Eivind, Gerhard, and anyone else who is interested..  I've just released a
totally re-written db_row implementation that I mentioned in my previous
DB-SIG mail.  It implements much cleaner dictionary, tuple, and object-like
semantics and includes an optional C extension module for speed.  I've not
written much documentation for it, though the source if fairly clean and has
a fair amount of inline documentation.

You can get it from:

  http://opensource.theopalgroup.com/

Please let me know what you think.

-Kevin

Kevin Jacobs
The OPAL Group - Enterprise Systems Architect
Voice: (216) 986-0710 x 19         E-mail: jacobs@theopalgroup.com
Fax:   (216) 986-0714              WWW:    http://www.theopalgroup.com