[DB-SIG] python 2.3 and databses

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Sun Aug 10 12:35:24 EDT 2003

liz george wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>         I would like to know how i can connect to Oracle database using the new
> version 2.3 of python. I dont find any appropriate code in python 2.3 to connect
> to the database. Is there somethin that I should download?

There a few Oracle adapters out there; not sure whether there
are Python 2.3 binaries for these available. Another option is ODBC,
for which we offer the mxODBC Python ODBC interface:

	http://www.egenix.com/

This is available for Python 2.3, 2.2, 2.1, 2.0 and 1.5.2 and
works on Windows and Unix.

eGenix.com

Professional Python Software directly from the Source  (#1, Aug 10 2003)