[Distutils] generating pyc and pyo files

Fred L. Drake Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 10:11:20 -0500 (EST)

Michael P. Reilly writes:
 > They aren't just conservative, they are downright misleading - I mixed
 > the ratios in the email, sorry.  The 78.768% is supposed to be the size
 > of .py to .pyc and 88.148% is .py to .pyo, not the other way around.

  That makes sense.

 > These were averages based on the modules available thru sys.path at
 > home (318 .pyc files, 213 .pyo files); it only included values where
 > there were both a .py and .pyc or both .py/.pyo so the averages weren't

  That's the right approach.
  Sounds like I should add more summarization to my checkpycs script,
to get the ratios out for each .pyc/.pyo and in summary.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.	     <fdrake@acm.org>