[Distutils] RE: Distutils prerequisites (Greg Ward)

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 22:58:04 -0400

On 10 April 2000, Lyle Johnson said:
> A little off-topic, maybe, but hopefully the Distutils will also be able to
> support building Python extensions on Windows using the Mingw32 compiler
> system (i.e. the Win32 "ports" of gcc and friends). I know that I've seen a
> HOWTO about building Python extensions on Win32 using Mingw32 somewhere...

That would definitely be desirable, but it'll have to be contributed by
someone in the Python/Windows community -- I spend as little time in
Windows as I can get away with.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - nerd                                        gward@python.net