[Distutils] Patch for new install options

Harry Henry Gebel hgebel@inet.net
Wed, 26 Apr 2000 00:01:56 -0400

On Tue, Apr 25, 2000 at 11:42:08PM -0400, Mark W. Alexander wrote:
> If I'm following the --package-prefix theme properly, it's
> very much in line with RPM's BUILDROOT, and install tree
> used for 2 very important reasons. First, the package
> builder need not be root to produce a binary package
> that installs in directories that only root can write
> to. Second, it provides for relocatable binary RPM's.

Yes, I wrote added --package-prefix specifically to be used in the
following command in an RPM .spec file.

python setup.py --package-prefix=$RPM_BUILD_ROOT --record-install

I haven't looked at the latest CVS yet, just got up.

--
Harry Henry Gebel, Senior Developer, Landon House SBS
West Dover Hundred, Delaware

"Why do you look for the living among the dead?
He is not here, but has risen."
Luke 24:5 (NRSV)