[Distutils] Installers for Numeric

Paul F. Dubois paul@pfdubois.com
Mon Apr 23 14:19:02 2001

No, it was more alarming than that. "Setup program invalid or damaged."

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Heller [mailto:thomas.heller@ion-tof.com]
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 11:14 AM
To: Paul F. Dubois; Numpy-Discussion@Lists. Sourceforge. Net
Cc: Distutils-Sig@Python.Org
Subject: Re: [Distutils] Installers for Numeric

> Eeek. It does work for me. I just wasn't doing it right. Being a stupid
Unix
> hacker I was trying to execute a file in Python 2.1 that said
> RemoveMA-8.6.exe. I should have realized that would not remove MA-8.6.
(:->

It's not that easy on windows: The days where you would simply start a
program
to do something are long gone ;-).

I assume you got a message-box, saying something like
'This program is normally run by windows', which seems not to
be very good. Probably it should say:
'To remove the MA-8.6 package, please use Control Panel->Add/Remove
Programs'
or something like that.

Thomas