[Distutils] Re: [Python-Dev] PEP 250 - site-packages on Windows: (Was: [Distutils] Package DB: strawman PEP)

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Thu Jul 12 16:13:00 2001

M.-A. Lemburg writes:
 > I believe that it creates the directory (distutils has a make_path()
 > API for this), but having it there for testing would sure help
 > in figuring out what to do. Please keep in mind that distutils
 > has to work with Python versions 1.5.2, 2.0 and 2.1.

  Yes; the os.path.isdir(...) seems the right test for this.

 > Also, I think that it is cleaner to have existing directories
 > on sys.path. Indeed, it may be worthwhile having Python eliminate
 > non-existing dirs at startup time (i.e. in site.py).

  It should be doing that now.  If not, please file a bug report and
assign it to me.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>