[Distutils] test suite support

Thomas Heller thomas.heller@ion-tof.com
Wed Jan 16 05:39:00 2002

From: "Achim Gaedke" <Achim.Gaedke@uni-koeln.de>
> I'd like to have unittest support, because it seems to me comfortable to unify
> testsuites and easy to adapt own existing tests, but I have not enough
> experience to write good code for this purpose.
>
> I suggest two changes to Thomas code:
>
> * Use unittest.main(module) for test execution and

I know about unittest, but don't use it any more.
I've converted all my tests to Tim Peters' doctest.

The test command I posted simply calls a test function,
which can use doctest, unittest or whatever internally.

> * prepend the build-directory used by build and build_ext to sys.path, so the
> new modules are found. That is important for c-code.

Thats what these lines are supposed to do:
        # extend sys.path
        sys.path.insert(0, self.build_purelib)
        sys.path.insert(0, self.build_platlib)

Thomas