[Distutils] Re: ANN: py2app 0.1.1

Russell E. Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Wed Oct 6 21:34:47 CEST 2004

In article <BAA61254-1759-11D9-88CF-000A95686CD8 at redivi.com>,
 Bob Ippolito <bob at redivi.com> wrote:

> `py2app`_ is the bundlebuilder replacement we've all been waiting for.
> It is implemented as a distutils command, similar to `py2exe`_, that
> builds Mac OS X applications from Python scripts, extensions, and
> related data files.  It tries very hard to include all dependencies it
> can find so that your application can be distributed standalone, as Mac
> OS X applications should be.

I look at the 0.1 distro and examples and it really looks promising.
However, I did have two questions before I dive into trying to get my
app bundled:
- Do you have any hints or gotchas for distributing Tkinter apps and
have Tcl/Tk bundled inside. I want the target MacOS X 10.3 user to be
able to run my app without installing anything.
- As an extension to that question...any hints on installing tcl
extensions ("snack", specifically) into such a bundled app?

-- Russell