[Distutils] Extending distutils with 3rd party build commands?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Sat Oct 23 04:08:08 CEST 2004

On Friday 22 October 2004 06:04 pm, Bob Ippolito wrote:
 > That does indeed support this use case.. I may have to move things
 > around in the package a bit to support it, but it may just work.

It does require arranging the command classes the same way they're arranged in
distutils itself, but that seemed fairly reasonable.

 > Now what about the "Python installations distutils config file"?
 > Where's that located?  I don't see it referenced in the documentation..
 >   Can that file be placed somewhere on site-packages like sitecustomize
 > (good), or does it require editing a root-owned vendor file (bad)?

See the distutils documentation for this as well:

    http://www.python.org/dev/doc/devel/inst/config-syntax.html

(Yeah, I know, it's really hard to find things in the distutils
documentation.)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>