[Distutils] Extending distutils with 3rd party build commands?

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Sat Oct 23 04:34:48 CEST 2004

On Oct 22, 2004, at 22:08, Fred L. Drake, Jr. wrote:

> On Friday 22 October 2004 06:04 pm, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>> That does indeed support this use case.. I may have to move things
>> around in the package a bit to support it, but it may just work.
>
> It does require arranging the command classes the same way they're
> arranged in
> distutils itself, but that seemed fairly reasonable.

Yeah, but not in all cases.  py2exe uses py2exe.build_exe for a py2exe
command.  py2app does a similar thing (as it is modeled loosely on
py2exe).  bdist_mpkg does comply with the distutils way, though (it was
loosely modeled on bdist_dumb).  bdist_mpkg.bdist_mpkg.bdist_mpkg is
the command class for the bdist_mpkg command.

-bob