[Distutils] py2exe makes pygame.sysFont crash

Keith Nemitz musenik at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 12 18:12:26 CEST 2005

I have a small game that runs fine on Windows XP with
just the interpreter, but after using py2exe to create
an executable, the new exe crashes with this error
message:

------------------------
Pygame Parachute Traceback:
  File "pygame\sysfont.pyc", line 253, in SysFont
Fatal Python error: (pygame parachute) Segmentation
Fault

This application has requested the Runtime to
terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more
information.

I'm using python 2.3 and pygame 1.6. I assume that I
need to explicitly add a library, but I'm not sure
what or how. I hope someone might be able to assist
me. Here is the py2exe code:

import time
import sys

# ModuleFinder can't handle runtime changes to
__path__, but win32com uses them

try:
    import modulefinder
    import win32com
    for p in win32com.__path__[1:]:
        modulefinder.AddPackagePath("win32com", p)
    for extra in ["win32com.shell"]: #,"win32com.mapi"
        __import__(extra)
        m = sys.modules[extra]
        for p in m.__path__[1:]:
            modulefinder.AddPackagePath(extra, p)
except ImportError:
    # no build path setup, no worries.
    raise RuntimeError("no can load win32com?")
    pass

from distutils.core import setup
import py2exe

setup(
    # The first three parameters are not required, if
at least a
    # 'version' is given, then a versioninfo resource
is built from
    # them and added to the executables.
    version = "0.2.01",
    description = "py2exe script",